4.1.10

Bloom where you're planted - issue #01

bloom where you're planted header


Happy new year to you all!!  I hope your holidays were wonderful.  I love this time of year.  I love the optimism and hope that is in the air.  As many of you know, travel is a big part of my life.  Some of you may know that I have recently moved from Seattle to Atlanta.  Yes back to the old south once again (I grew up here).  This move has really challenged me in many ways.  While discussing these challenges with a good friend, she said to me you just have to bloom where you're planted!  After a few weeks of trying to figure out every excuse I could give her so that I could continue to whine - I've decided that she is right.  So I thought I would share all of my adventures of my time in Atlanta with you.  Each monday, you will get the good, the inspiring, and anything else I may encounter in this reclaimed home of mine.


Love your city, or learning to love where you are planted?  I invite you to use this space to share your stories.  Please drop me a line info@khristianahowell.com.


Why wilt when you can CHOOSE to bloom?!!  I hope you enjoy...



Rediscovering the High Museum of Art - Atlanta, GA





[caption id="attachment_542" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Morris Lewis"]Morris Lewis[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_544" align="aligncenter" width="360" caption="Vik Muniz portrait"]Vik Muniz portrait[/caption]

This portrait is amazing!  Comprised of junk found around the favelas (slums) of Rio de Janeiro then taken from above with a bird's eye lens.

[caption id="attachment_541" align="aligncenter" width="360" caption="John Portman"]John Portman[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_539" align="aligncenter" width="359" caption="the reader, Gerhard Richter"]the reader, Gerhard Richter[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_540" align="aligncenter" width="360" caption="Gerhard Richter"]Gerhard Richter[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_543" align="aligncenter" width="360" caption="Tony Smith"]Tony Smith[/caption]

No comments: