20.9.10

Creative Connections Event 2010 - HUGE SUCCESS!...


Happy Monday all!  I'm back after spending four days in Minneapolis at the Creative Connections Event! I feel so lucky to have been a part of the inaugural event created by the dynamic duo of Nancy Soriano and Jo Packham.  Big, huge thank you to Nancy for inviting me to speak on the How to Launch a Business Panel.  This is event was so impressive, it is hard to know where to start.  The most valuable part of this experience for me was how sincerely everyone wanted to share and nurture business and creativity.  By that I mean not only for their own ventures, but also for everyone else's who was at the event as well.  This event was truly a manifestation of what is happening in the craft/creative/women's arts movement.  Everyone was so kind, and giving with their knowledge and talents.  It was remarkable, motivating, and heart warming.  This few days was far above and beyond a creative meetup.  The Creative Connections Event was, and will continue to be, a place to learn about your craft, your community, you business, and a wonderful safe place to explore the depths of your creative make up.lisa leonard generously donated the lovely necklace in our bags!
So just to get an idea of what the days were like...PACKED with goodies to say the least.  The handmade market was open daily (and open to the public as well).  There were also a wide range of classes throughout the day from painting folk art to jewelry making and everywhere in between.  Lunches and dinners were provided and included a keynote speaker (Amy Butler, Ree Drummond, etc) or a panel on great subjects like the ins and outs of the editorial process (ie getting published, press etc).  The dinners were great because they provided another great time to meet other fabulous creative women (especially if you were traveling alone like me).


Each day included a morning panel and an afternoon panel.  Topics included: How to start a business (that's me with my panel pals!  Amy Barickman, Laurie Lenfestey, and Serena Thompson), Using Social Media as a Marketing Tool, Blogging:  How to Make it Matter More, The Future Face of Retail etc.


one of the dinners included beautiful decorations by Christine Hoffman


6 comments:

Louma said...

Wow... All this seems so nice and inspiring. Maybe I'll check it out next time ;)

Laurie said...

It was so much fun to meet you! You rocked your panel and was a wealth of information. Man, I'm impressed that you've already blogged about it. I'm still editing my photos in Flickr. {{giggle}}

khristian said...

It was great meeting you too, and thanks Laurie! Pinky swear, next time I'm in Dallas... xoxo

Jo Packham said...

Khristian:
Thank you so much for such a nice post! I am only sorry that we did not have more time to share while we were there - you were wonderful on your panel and I think there is much that I can learn from you.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity, in the not too distant future, to spend time together ... we definitely need to be "friends"!

Hope to see you soon...
Jo

khristian said...

Jo - Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog! I had such a wonderful time at the event. I am so very inspired by the stories I heard, and by all the wonderful people I met. Thank you again for creating the space for all of this to occur. I think I have loads to learn from YOU! I look forward to spending more time together soon.

Very sincerely,
Khristian

Monica Lee said...

HI Khristian! It was great meeting you last week! I LOVED your fabrics! You website is about as cute as ever!