30.6.10

new hot spot - the creative connection event!...

This past May at Surtex, I was lucky enough to meet the lovely Nancy Soriano in my booth.  She has quite the accomplished past, which includes reigning over Country Living magazine as editor in chief.  As we were chatting away about what I do etc., she told me about this great event she has created with Jo Packham of Where Women Create.  Yeah, ok, right away I knew this was going to be good!

The Creative Connection Event is going to be three fantastic days full of workshops, panels, innovative ways to learn how to grow your creative business, and even a full on open to the public handmade market! Excited yet?  It gets even better.  Classes range from folk art portrait painting to turning your old books into scrapbooking marvels.  Once you've learned a fun new way to create, you can check out one of the great panels on ways to grow and market your business.  Oh, and did I mention, AMY BUTLER is going to be the keynote speaker!!!

The event is taking place in Minneapolis, MN, September 16th-18th.  Check out all the details on the website.  With a major sponsor like ETSY already signed on, I think this will for sure become the go to annual creativity/handmade/ event!

1 comment:

Jo Packham said...

Kristian:
Thank you so much for your very nice post about Nancy, WWCreate, and THE CREATIVE CONNECTION.

You are right! TCC is going to become the "go to" event of the year.

Hope to see you in Minneapolis this year!

My best
Jo